Saturday 17 October 2015

Cornish Fiction at its best - Review of The Sea Between Us by Emylia Hall


Because I love Cornwall, I devour any novel that is set in my adopted county. I have just finished this beautiful novel by Emylia Hall and if you love Cornish fiction too, I think you will love this.
 
 
 
 
This is the first novel I have read by this author and it certainly won’t be the last. I was blown away by her beautiful, lyrical and descriptive writing.  She had me captivated with the story of Robyn and Jago from the first page to the very last, as they both set off on their journey of self discovery. 

For me Emylia Hall captured the wild and tempestuous Cornish coast in the most atmospheric way. Her vivid descriptions of the unpredictability and beauty of the sea had the waves washing over me as I read.  I could feel the sand between my toes and taste the salt on my lips with every chapter she spent in her remote Cornish cove.  Her account of early motherhood ranks amongst some of the most tender and heartfelt prose I have ever read. In short this novel was a joy to read.
 
#TheSeaBetweenUs #EmyliaHall
#Cornishfiction #novelsofcornwall #Cornwall #Beach #Cornishcoast #Sennen
 
 
If you want to read more Cornish Fiction, I highly recommend 
Winston Graham's Poldark novels
Rosamunde Pilcher - The Shell Seekers
Kate Morton - The Forgotten Garden and The Lake House
Rachel Hore - The Memory Garden
Liz Fenwick - The Cornish Affair
Santa Montefiore - Sea of Lost Love
 
#WinstonGraham #Poldark #RosamundePilcher #TheShellSeekers #KateMorton #TheForgottenGarden #TheLakeHouse #RachelHore #TheMemoryGarden #LizFenwick #TheCornishAffair #SantaMontefiore #SeaofLostLove
 
 
Ann E Brockbank is the author of two Cornish novels
Mr de Sousa's Legacy and The Blue Bay Café
Both available at Amazon and Waterstones
#TheBlueBayCafe
#MrdeSousasLegacy
#AnnEBrockbank

1 comment: