Thursday 13 July 2017

What do authors read?


Book on my bedside table
 
 
One of my great passions is reading, either in bed or on my hammock outside. I find it is the most wonderful way to relax. Reading lots of books is extremely beneficial to a writer. The more you read, the more you learn different techniques of structuring a story. I probably read somewhere in the region of 14 to 15 books a year. You’d think I wouldn’t have time to write my own novel, but I find it’s a wonderful way to switch off from ones own novel writing.

 


This is my bedtime/hammock reading at the moment. ‘The Love Song of Queen Hennessey’, by Rachel Joyce.
 
It’s a perfect companion book to the fabulous novel ‘The Unlikely Pilgrimage of Harold Fry’. If you have never read the latter then you have missed a real treat.  It is one of the most moving novels I’ve read for a long time. I highly recommend it.
 
Book Blurb - taken from Amazon
When Harold Fry nips out one morning to post a letter, leaving his wife hoovering upstairs, he has no idea that he is about to walk from one end of the country to the other. He has no hiking boots or map, let alone a compass, waterproof or mobile phone. All he knows is that he must keep walking. To save someone else's life.
 
#bedtimeread #TheUnlikelyPilgrimageofHaroldFry #TheLoveSongofQueenHennessey #RachelJoyce #books #Novel #Fiction #amreading
 
 
 
 
Ann E Brockbank is the author of three Cornish based novels.
 
 
 
Available from Amazon and to download to you kindle.
#AnnEBrockbank #OnaDistantshore #TheBlueBayCafe #MrdeSousasLegacy #Cornishfiction #historicalfiction #contemporaryfiction #booksetincornwall #romance #romancewriter #amreading #amwriting #inspirationalcornwall #Cornwall
 

No comments:

Post a Comment